Astro Saber III ---- HELP I NEED A NEW FLASH

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

copduo

Post by copduo »

I have a legit astro saber III with mdc only. I need MODAT. Is there anyone who can help me get this re-flashed with all options. As you can see by my name I am involved in public saftey as a PO and also Fire Dept (vol.)
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Do you REALLY need Modat? Very few agencies actually use that these days, but if you need it, you need it.

Can your department help? If they're a Motorola customer, they'll have a Motorola sales rep available. That rep's job includes arranging for flash upgrades. If you can arrange to do so legitimately, get your request on department letterhead.

Here at Batlabs.com, the official Motorola form for requesting a flash upgrade is available for download and printing. Get it
and print it out. Fill in the data you need.
To help, provide ALL info on your radio. Serial number, model number, flashcode, and DSP and HOST revisions. Attach a radio summary sheet from the RSS if you can.

Having all your ducks in a row is going to help out a lot. If you don't have the HOST and DSP info, for example, it will not be possible to determine if the radio needs firmware updates.

Good luck. You might need it. Getting flash upgrades has proven to be a real challenge, to civilians, anyway.

Elroy
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Actually, you cannot use the motorola upgrade form for FLASHupgrading. They will fax you back stating that you need to call your local motorola dealer, and that they do it. I tried it a few months ago.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”