ASII to an ASIII

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radar76

ASII to an ASIII

Post by radar76 »

fellas

I have a bit of a redundant question, but i am considering an ebay purchase and i wanted to pose a specific question(s) regarding what i propose.
I have factory legit ASIII host07.06.01 dsp07.03.19
flsh 500004 000000-1 Mod h04sdh9pw7an

there is an asII on ebay that i may bit on it is a mod H04SDF9PW7AN
Flash: 140004-000000-0 I emailed the seller for the host/dsp ser# but i dont yet have that info. What i want to know is in order to "send the ASIII codeplug into the ASII do the host and dsp's have to match exactly, or is there a minimum version that the radio I want has to be in order for the "good" asIII codeplug to be sent to it?

Also not to get too technical but if sombody i knew had access to the proper software to convert 1 codeplug to the other Mod II radio i thought there was something i read where the lab software was not compatable with imbe radios? Is this just for programming changes life freq's can lab software just clone the information without modification and work on an imbe radio?

thanks for reading/helping imput is much appreciated
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

You'll get your answer when R0f or XMO reads this post...
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
radar76

Post by radar76 »

thanks so much for taking the time to not only reply, but to also give me a how to lesson as well. I will let you know if i get the radio but if not at least i know what to look for in future units.

THANKS
RADAR
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

MTSX lab?????? huh.. learn somethign new everyday lol.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Dale Earnhardt wrote:MTSX lab?????? huh.. learn somethign new everyday lol.
Yes, it has been mentioned before, but the 'available' version of Astro LAB (3.04.00) is VSELP only. It doesn't recognize IMBE at all, and will give some sort of 'unrecoverable error' message when you try & read a codeplug. It will load the packed codeplug & allow you to write it to the radio, but you will end up with an error 01/92 or something similar. For whatever reason, the MTSX LAB 3.00.02 will not give the 'unrecoverable error' message, and works great to dump in the packed codeplug.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
radar76

Post by radar76 »

WELL
i have called all my "radio freinds" and told them what i need for the converrsion, hopefully one of them can come up with the correct version. I HOPE :)
I am sure i will owe them a big time favor but it will be worth it, i will let you all know how i make out.

thanks
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

hmmm, now I need to find a AS to mess around with now hehehe.
USGOVTECH

Post by USGOVTECH »

Can you use any other MTSX lab version or is version 3.00.02 the only version you can use ?

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”