Motorola Spectra VHF FL 01/82 Error Code ( How do I fix)

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nick.dejohn
What radios do you own?: EX560-XLS CDM1550

Post by nick.dejohn »

I have a Motorola Spectra VHF, 110 Watt with the A4 Control Head. I powered the radio on and it has a FL 01/82 code. I beleive that this has something to do with the MLM board. Can someone tell me how I can fix this and quick. I am in dire need of getting this radio installed as soon as possible.

Thanks - Nick
Nick
Big Blue TO/\/\
Batboard $upporter

Post by Big Blue TO/\/\ »

go into Batlabs.com, model specific info, I believe the syntor codes are the same as the Spectra codes. Check the list. this will get you familiar with navigating the Batlabs site itself.
KE4RXM
You don't drink beer? Use Motorola RSS, you WILL soon...

PLEASE use EMAIL over PM. Much Easier for Me. Thanx!
nick.dejohn

Post by nick.dejohn »

ok. I a saw the fail code in the syntor x9000 section. i printed it off and I am gonna go and look in the radio and see what I can do. If that does not work, what do you think is my next step?
Nick
Jim202

Re: Motorola Spectra VHF FL 01/82 Error Code ( How do I fix)

Post by Jim202 »

The 01/82 error code indicates the EEPROM has a bad code in it. Reprogram the radio. If you were smart and made a copy of the original code plug, just load it back in.

Otherwise you may have to read the radio and go through all items and channel info to correct what may be wrong. Many times this is caused by trying to change a field that shouldn't have been changed.

If you can find another radio with the same model number, just clone that one into yours and then go put the channel info to where you want it.

Jim
nick.dejohn

Post by nick.dejohn »

Jim202

This is my problem now. I need to codeplug to blow into it or clone. I don't have available. If you have one, could you email it to me at nick.dejohn@sbcglobal.net
Nick
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

What's the model number of the radio?
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
nick.dejohn

Motorola Spectra VHF FL 01/82 Error

Post by nick.dejohn »

The model number of the radio is T83GXA7HA4AK. It is a Spectra VHF, 110 Watt VHF with the A4 Control Head.

Thanks,
Nick
Nick
60hzEE

Post by 60hzEE »

FL 01/82 is usually a data mismatch between the MLM and Command Board. Most likely, its the serial number or the model. Take a look at the locations using the Bit Banger for each in the MLM and the Command Board and check to make sure they are the same. If not, make them the same. Then, read the radio and then write back to it. That should fix the problem.

Go to the Spectra model information at the main batlabs site for the hex offsets.

If it doesn't, then its a more serious disagreement problem.

Lee

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”