Slighty off topic/off band: MPA problem/question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NodrogCop
Batboard $upporter

Slighty off topic/off band: MPA problem/question

Post by NodrogCop »

Hi all --

I just received an MPA (PAGCPX). When I turn it on, it flashes "NO KEY 1" on the display. I also can't get it to read or write for programming.

When I try to read it, I get the "read failed, check connections" message. I have Price Industries cable and RIB, and just replaced the battery. This setup has programmed dozens of times w/o a problem.

Anyone have any ideas? And, if it's an easy fix, anyone interested in it? It's apparently (according to the model #) 136-150, and I need 150-174. I wasn't paying attention when I read the auction. :oops:

Thanks for any help.

Gordon
If all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

guessing its either AEGIS or NON FS (DES) enabled and its missing its key?

If its not reading I would suspect the radio's internal lithium battery or the internal resistor that tellst the rib its connected.

Remember, the GE rib gets its power from the radio connected to it and if the UDC sense or power is goofed up - no read or write.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
Big Blue TO/\/\
Batboard $upporter

Post by Big Blue TO/\/\ »

Well, once you get it literate again (reading and writing) you can likely program above what it's slated for...
put in the freq, and hold down Ctrl as you move the cursor about in the software. Works for me on MPAs
KE4RXM
You don't drink beer? Use Motorola RSS, you WILL soon...

PLEASE use EMAIL over PM. Much Easier for Me. Thanx!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”