Alert Tone sounds Quick Call two

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KC8UWK

Alert Tone sounds Quick Call two

Post by KC8UWK »

Where can I find a sample of all the tones used for quick call two... My supervisor has the chance to set up some tones but wants to hear them before we program it in... PLEASE DONT ASK I AM JUST THE HELPLESS RADIO GEEK.... :lol:

Thank you
Heath
EKLB
Gone...as per his request

Post by EKLB »

Ok i wont ask !

But it did make me chuckle.

He/She must monitor it in csq mode in church sunday mornings and well darn it =Its gotta sound pretty /or it aint gonna cut it with the LORD.

Sorry i couldnt resist a little humor = It was meant in good taste.

I myself am not aware of QCII sound samples but someone here might now of a site for them.

You might ask if theyd prefer a to hear a lower tone then a higher tone musicly or vice versa and if theyd prefer the short tone or long tone to be
the higher or lower tone.

Not saying youd be able to do all the options he/she would prefer due to program requirments ect but at least youd be letting the individual make the decision and you also have a better idea what would please there hearing of the tones .

Many times you will run across someone that just will not like the tones because they sent them backwards rather than the 2nd tone first and first tone 2nd because its not apealing to there ears .

But the exact two tones sent the other way sounds pleasing to them.

So to help close in on the exact way theyd like to hear it ask these qestions.

Maybe theyd prefer to hear a low tone then a much higher tone as the second for example rather than a low tone first then a tad bit higher tone as the second tone = who knows everyone has diferent preferances.

Some people like Acid Rock me im Country.

Let the person make these decisions then select your choices from the QCII list and because they were involved you probaby have set yourself up for a winning situation.

Its sorta known as a PR move and usualy the secret to winning .

Hey good luck. :wink:

EKLB
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

I've created a bunch of samples for the departments in my local area. Email or PM me and I'll zip 'em up and send them to you.
KC8UWK

ITs my boss

Post by KC8UWK »

I'll add more to the story... We were at the local motorola dealer and my boss told the radio tech that he wants to here all the available tones and then make a decission on what he wants...
The radio tech and I just looked at eachother... Then I make the suggestion to the tech after the supervisor stepped away how many hz does it take to make someone deaf?
Tech smiled a little bit. Then I said Because everytime I tell him there is over 100,000 plus different tones and combinations. He looks at me and said it shouldn't be that hard..... :roll:

The radio tech and I both have said that it was not possible... I am trying to get the boss off my back...
Would it help to say my boss is a Security Guard and Pivate Detective...
This is why I am looking for a new job while I am take my med classes...

thank you anyways
Heath
raymond345

Well lets use the "KISS" rule

Post by raymond345 »

Well you want it simple.

What are you using for a pager?

You can go two ways.

1: keep the pager on when the page is completed .
this will put you in carrier sq. mode

2:or get a scanner and place the page frequency
into the scanner.

Take the paging encoder and start paging.
Use the different cap codes and you can hear them.

Most normal people will get bored very fast.
Tell the "BOSS" to KISS

This is a very cheap way to do it.

a
DopeCop

Post by DopeCop »

If I read this correctly, you dont really know too much about QCII so I hope this simple (I hope) explanation helps.

Ok, here are a couple of 2 tone paging options that we use:

1.) TONE A: 1669.0 - TONE B: 1180.0

2.) TONE A: 1669.0 - TONE B: 910.0

3.) Tone A: 1669.0 - TONE B: 781.0

In QCII, there are several format options. These options include "A-B-C-B" OR "A-B-C-D" OR "A-B-A-C". What this means in lay terms:

Lets use the above in the example:

You want to use two differant tone options for two differant alert types. Lets call the first alert something like "come to dinner and eat" and the other alert "wash your hands before dinner". :lol: alittle humor here!

Now lets say you choose 1669, 1180 and 910 as your tones. When you set these up for the alert to sound on the second tone it looks at the format such as "A-B". In this case "A's" tone is 1669 and "B's" tone is 1180. The radio set for QCII listens for the 1669 tone and then the 1180 tone and if it hears both, your radio goes off like a pager and signals you have been alerted to "come to dinner". But really you should have "washed your hands before dinner and thus alert tone "C" (910) should have been hit first and then alert tone "B". In the radio format it should appear as such:

A-B-A-C

A=1669.0 - B=1180.0 (Come to dinner)
A=1669.0 - C=910.0 (wash your hands before dinner)

On the tone generator itself, the respective cap codes should "=" ALERT TONE 1 1669.0 & 1180.0 and ALERT TONE 2 1669.0 and 910.0.

What we use the diff. tone groups for is alerting 1 station for a particular call or alerting everyone for a particular call.

Hope this helped a little,

Mike
OX

Post by OX »

Assemble about 5 tones and tell him he was right, it wasn't that difficult. Make it easy for him! Otherwise he will get the idea that he could use it to page each individual pager... I've seen plenty like this guy and all I gots to say is "Danger! Will Robinson, Danger!"
DopeCop

Tone Generator

Post by DopeCop »

Found a neat little tone generator on-line.

http://www.nch.com.au/tonegen/index.html
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Yea, just save your energy. Pick some random tone sets and tell him to pick a few he likes. Don't get into how there are 10 million other possibilties. Don't give the uneducated big decisions, you have dumb it down :P
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
KC8UWK

Take it or leave it

Post by KC8UWK »

I know the whole concept of Two tone pagin I use to be a firefighter till a budget cut got me...
To explain the issue my boss wanted us to make a tape or CD of all the tones that he could chose to tone what radio ect....
To solve the issue I took the old tones that my fire department used and said here this is the groups for you to choose....
He bought it... :D
DopeCop

Post by DopeCop »

:lol: thats funny!
Radio_Cowboy
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

Post by Radio_Cowboy »

You outta give him the Tones from EMERGENCY! (minus the klaxon of coarse) 8)

-RC-
Y'all are just Jealous that the voices only talk to ME
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

Radio_Cowboy wrote:You outta give him the Tones from EMERGENCY! (minus the klaxon of coarse)
I wish that was possible with QCII. Even though our department is station 50 and not 51, I would set us up that way :)

--j.
Big Blue TO/\/\
Batboard $upporter

Post by Big Blue TO/\/\ »

Heath-
"working on med classes" as in Doctor, or Paramedic or what?
You sound like you have half a brain, we could use more like you in my organization
(and you already have the needed 'dealing with an idiot boss' experieice)

Good luck, and thanks for the chuckle.

I gotta ask, so IF you gave him the "tape with all the tones on it" HOWINTHEHELL would he indicate to you which one he wanted?
:roll:

TW
KE4RXM
You don't drink beer? Use Motorola RSS, you WILL soon...

PLEASE use EMAIL over PM. Much Easier for Me. Thanx!
KC8UWK

To All

Post by KC8UWK »

First about the selection of tones... Our boss wanted us to burn a CD with different tracks.... Each track with the tone ID.... :roll: I ended it with the 1050 tone being one and my station tones being another set... LOL

As for the tones from EMERGENCY... Oddly enough the fire station I worked in had a unit... (DNR 51.) Now our feild office our 51 was Muskegon 51 which was command... Now we had a support truck called either DNR 51 Truck 51... But alot of use called it Squad 51... You could here the dispatchers in the room laughing when we would call that pick truck en rout... Once I had a fire dispatcher say Rampart 10-4.... We actually wanted to chage our tones to that also... :wink:

Thank you everyone for the responces...

Heath...
talviar

Post by talviar »

Heath--

Muskegon 51?

Most of my family is from Muskegon and Muskegon Heights.
Will be there next weekend for a family reunion?

What ham repeater do you normally monitor?

Tony KA3VOR (SW PA)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”