Command Post ID

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cfdeng3

Command Post ID

Post by cfdeng3 »

We just got a brand new 500K command post and are trying to figure out a unique MDC ID for it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

We were hoping that people could associate the ID with the Command Post.

Thanks for your help
Will

Post by Will »

Is this a mobile command post?

How about the last three numbers of the FCC call sign and a C .... 123C
wb0qqk
Batboard $upporter

Post by wb0qqk »

HAL 9000
Fator nusquam. Denego omnis. Requiro testimonium. Genero Reverto-Criminatio!"

(Admit nothing. Deny everything. Demand proof. Make Counter-Allegations!)
xmo

Post by xmo »

If you have radios like CDMs and HT1250s that alias, it doen't matter what number you choose, you just put the right alias in the mobiles and portables.

Unfortunately, not all radios can alias. XTS and Astro Saber for example can't. Don't ask why the highest cost radios can't do something thats in the radios you get from the local dealer.

We thought about this ID recognition issue when we set up a comm center recently. The factory default ID for Motorola consoles is 0001. Since MDC supports for hex digits, we changed it to send E911. No doubt about who that is.

Maybe something like Will suggested makes sense for your people. It might depend on which agency 'owns' the command post. If it belongs to Emergency Management, they used to be Civil Defense - maybe you could use "CD01" or "CD99". If it belongs to a fire department "FD99"
cfdeng3

Post by cfdeng3 »

yes it is a mobile command post. Currently I have the radios in the Comm Cntr as the FCC ID. I was trying to come up with something with the letters you can use and numbers. CP01. Obviuosly you can't use the "p" Just thought someone might have a good suggestion
c17loadsmasher

Post by c17loadsmasher »

CNC - Command and Control
OPS - self explantory

I dunno. Just figured I'd throw a few out there.
Plain language is the DEVIL. Ten-Codes Forever!!!
cfdeng3

Post by cfdeng3 »

Thanks for the help unfortunately you are only able to use the letters A B C D and E comes up with errors if you try to save it.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Not sure if your in eastern mass or not, but check with Metro Fire, or who does your communications to figure out if there is a standard MDC plan that is used. Try and stick to that plan when doing all your units.

Where I am, the county radio center is responsible for that plan, each agency is given ##00-##FF for their radios, and within that, they can do as they wish.

That way, people don't go completly nuts with what they want.

If your in the area that is covered by Metro Fire, or another agency like that - and you have intentions of the vehicle being avalible to other agencies etc, I would try to fit into their plan.

If one doesn't exist - start one.

So now that you have this uber command post --- how about some photos!
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
motisking
Batboard $upporter

Post by motisking »

kb9suy
What radios do you own?: too many!!

Post by kb9suy »

the way our fire district works is every department has 100 numbers to use. so one department uses 400's the other 500 an so on. so everybody dispatch id is 599 or 499. or what ever number system that you use. use the last number.
Big Blue TO/\/\
Batboard $upporter

Post by Big Blue TO/\/\ »

Since it's the mobile center, how about 0912
(when the city calls me on the rigndown in the ER, I answer it
9-1-2...always geta a laugh)
KE4RXM
You don't drink beer? Use Motorola RSS, you WILL soon...

PLEASE use EMAIL over PM. Much Easier for Me. Thanx!
KC8UWK

Call sign

Post by KC8UWK »

Now in my area a fire department used their assigned unit numbers. Like for example if they asked for the MCV it was called 400... Station 1 was 401 and Station 2 was 402 and Station 3 was 403. Now command in my county are assigned 90 calls. 90 being cheif ect... Now that stations fire cheif was listed at 490... Now if I seen A400 if was the Unit... B400 or 400B was a secondary moblie radio on the truck (on the ladder truckes their was three radio pumpers had two.) D was for portables. E was never used...
Now being a MCV E911 would be good or 911 B (second letter in the ABC's seconday dispatch and command center...)

Good luck have fun with the new unit...
Dont for get the ARES (Hams) when adding a radio...

Heath.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”