HT750 steady tone

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jim

HT750 steady tone

Post by jim »

I have a lowband HT750 that emits a steady, low-pitched tone as long as the power is on. When you depress any button, the audio just clicks and continues the tone.

I performed the latest firmware upgrade and re-dumped the stored codeplug file back into the radio and no change. I do notice that the clip which captures the ribbon cable is superglued together, indicating tht someone in the past was in here and broke the connector.

Any ideas?
Nand

Post by Nand »

This would be the case if no channels are assigned to the channel selector or when the channel selector is pointing to an unassigned channel, or just a faulty channel selector switch.

You can do the button test to check the switch. You enter the self-test if programming allows you to do so by pressing the second lower button 5 times at power up. Now press and hold this button for a bit over 5 seconds to enter the button test. Now you can push and twist any control and it should give a loud high beep with each change.

The above applies to the HT1250 and likely to the HT750 as well.

Nand.
jim

Post by jim »

Water in the channel select switch will do this!

thanks.
jim

Post by jim »

Water in the channel select switch will do this!

thanks.
FDC_100

Post by FDC_100 »

A corrupted codeplug will also do that

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”