Astro saber scan behavior

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jay
Batboard $upporter

Astro saber scan behavior

Post by Jay »

Ok, I just bought my first VHF Astro saber last week. I've got several zones set up with different scan lists. All of the scan lists are showing me this strange behavior.

When I activate scan sometimes the light on top will flash very fast and will stop on a given channel, but there is no activity heard (even in CSQ) . If I unmute the squelch with the monitor button (and hold it down), a sound similiar to me repeatedly hitting the monitor button is heard, static / pause / static / pause / etc. They are all conventional non astro personalities.

I can provide further info if needed, thanks in advance.

Jay
Yosh

Post by Yosh »

You might try disabling carrier detect in the scan options for each scan list. However, it probably won't do anything unless you are experiencing the problem in priority scan mode.

-Yosh
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

Ok, I'll give it a try. But I'm not using priority scan mode in any of my scan lists.

Any other ideas?

Jay
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

I have looked at Yosh's idea without being able to affect any change to the way this radio acts. I guess I should be more clear - I didn't know at the time that it not only has this behavior when scanning, but also when changing channels sometimes. So it does not seem to be related to scan, but the receiver or receiver settings. Hoping that I can get it ironed out, anyone else have ideas?

Thanks,
Jay

P.S. May try to post a sound file if I can.
Thorin-son-of-Thrain

Post by Thorin-son-of-Thrain »

edited
Last edited by Thorin-son-of-Thrain on Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

Well, I had been thinking about trying to do that. Only problem is the 200+ modes I've set up in this one codeplug. Yes, in case anyone is wondering, running a good slow computer, factory rib, cable, etc.

I've only got two real codeplugs for this radio, the one that came with it, and then the changes I've made to the stuff since the California police agency frequencies are of no interest to me! :lol:

So, if anyone has a codeplug for an Astro Saber III VHF, I'll give that a try.

Model Number............H04KDH9PW7AN
Radio Codeplug Version..........000C
FLASHcode..............8400010000008

Jay

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”