Inhibiting a XTS3000

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pks

Inhibiting a XTS3000

Post by pks »

I've read various post regarding XTS3000 getting inhibited within a system. I would assume these are trunked systems?

Is it still possible for a XTS3000 to get inhibited when monitoring analog conventional frequencies, or Astro C4FM conventional frequencies? (non-trunked)
radiokid

Post by radiokid »

No, because conventional doesn't use an ID assigned by the system to follow the talkgroups.

Radio Kid
pks

Post by pks »

Bob

Post by Bob »

Ummm.... I'd double-check that information if I were you. It IS possible to inhibit a radio on an analog conventional system using MDC1200. It's just a little easier to do it on a trunking system.

Been there, done that.
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

Unless you want to decode MDC ID's, can't you just turn off the MDC function off, as to disable any MDC functions? That should give you an extra security blanket.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

In addition reprogramming a spectra today, you can also be inhibited operating in the ASTRO mode.

Granted, the likelyhood of getting inhibited by MDC and ASTRO are fairly remote, but possible.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

radiokid wrote:No, because conventional doesn't use an ID
umm where did you get this info?
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

I think I'm going to stop this thread before it goes downhill from here.

If the system uses MDC, they can inhibit your radio.
If your using conventional astro, they can inhibit your radio.
If your using a trunked system, they can inhibit your radio.
If your using a conventional system and your causing interfearance, the'll find you.

I think that'll sum up in a nutshell what they can and can't do, and should satisfy the posters request.

While we can spend a lot of time dwelling on how the programming effects one's ability to do be inhibied or not, I don't think it's needed here.

If your looking to monitor something and not get your radio "zapped" you need to by a scanner.

-Alex

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”