Which band is this MT1000 on?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rwo978
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Which band is this MT1000 on?

Post by rwo978 »

Only info person has is below. Can band be found from just this info?

FCC ID: AZ489FT3717
MODEL: H43GCU7100CN
S/N: 751ATJ1080
Ryan
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

The radio is a high power VHF,

H
4 = High Power
3 = VHF

The first number is 3 for low, 4 for high, the second number is 3 for VHF and 4 for UHF.

As for the bandsplit, that can only be determined by reading the radio with a RIB and RSS.

EDIT: Or opening the radio and verifying the split printed on the VCO module. Forgot to mention that!
Last edited by kb0nly on Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
rwo978
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by rwo978 »

What are the splits for high V? Need 155.xxx area. Darn that you can't tell from the #.

Looking for a "duty rated" portable for PD duty/take home. Heard that the MTs are "die hards," but getting "older", thus less expensive.
Ryan
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

Chances are your good to go for 155. The splits used include 136-151, not likely but possible you have one, though in my experience this split has been rare to find in an MT1000. They did make them though!

The other splits are 146-162, and 146-174, and 157-174. It's entirely possible that you may also have a high split which will still do 155 though. The radio will easily go 3Mhz below and above its rated split.

The MT1000 is a brick, i own 99ch models for VHF and UHF and they are used and sometimes abused daily. Good battery life, and dependability. I won't go to anything else for a while despite how old they are getting.

Not to mention that batteries are getting affordable for high capacities. I bought a brand new non-oem high capacity battery for half the cost of Motorola's price and its every bit as good if not better.

They also have the added benefit that if you get into a fight it makes a darn good club!

Just one word of warning, never pick up the MT1000 by its antenna. This is the first thing i tell a new MT1K owner. The same goes for the HT600 and other Genesis series radios as well. To much flexing on the antenna will cause the antenna connector pin solder joint to crack on the rf board. But its an easy fix, just reflow with some fresh solder. That and the pins from the accessory jack that are soldered to the rf board. It's a good idea to pull apart the radio and inspect for damage.

Oh, and though i did say you can only get the split by reading the radio that's not entirely true. You can dissasemble the radio and remove the shield and the two small plugs at the bottom of the controller, the bandsplit is printed on the VCO module. So that's something you can check if you dissasemble to inspect everything. I guess i should have worded that differently, and said that you can not determine the bandsplit from the model number alone.

It's Monday, i'm a bit off...
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
emcom

Post by emcom »

I'll have to put my vote of confidence in for the MT1000 as well. I have 2 of them - 16 channel vhf and a 16 channel uhf. They both work very well. They are bricks, but they are dependable. I use mine in Police & EMA service.

Scott
wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

Nearly indestructible, even after being used in self-defense.
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
VE9MP
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE
What radios do you own?: FPP Railroad XTL9000 Cleancab

Post by VE9MP »

I have a uber-sexy 136-151 split and I use it for 2 meter amateur radio and some EMS stuff, and its never given me a problem! Easily one of my favorite radios! I even like them better then the HT1000.
-----Nick-----

"I can trip some repeaters in Maine, but I'm not getting any audio into it, is there some type of tone frequency I use? If so do you know what one is for Maine?" - The SMT Machine
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Count me in too. Used one for public safety for about a decade when they
gave us MT2000's. MANY more dead spots using the Jedi compared to the MT1000. The Jedi's also didn't care for attaching a speaker mic. when they were powered on. Guess a slight miss with the contacts shorted out the wrong pins, saw this happen a few times on Jedi's, never with the MT1000.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”