Minitor IV Issues

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Spatch713

Minitor IV Issues

Post by Spatch713 »

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problems we are with our Minitor IV pagers. We have low band 42-50 MHz 2ch pagers that we received in early 2004.

The pagers alert fine but when you push the reset button they almost never reset. You hear the static when the reset button is pressed but they only go back into selective call half the time. Sometimes it requires several presses of the reset button.

Another thing they do is for no reson they go into monitor regardless of where the selector swith is set. For example if i leave my pager in A-selective call it for no reason out of the blue will just go into scan which is in position D.

Again, this is happening with more than just my pager at least five. Anyone else experience this or heard of a firmware update/fix?
Spatch713

Post by Spatch713 »

I am still having this issue with our M4 pagers. Just wondering if anyone new to the board since I first posted has had a similar experience or knows of a fix.
The image is cracked but so is the view...
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

I hate to tell ya, but the pager is just a piece of garbage. Send it out for service and it will come back working again... for a while. 6 months later, repeat the process or buy a Minitor V.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
Spatch713

Post by Spatch713 »

I miss my M5...

I had to give it up to some of our "mentally challenged" because I was sick of hearing them ask for the call address everytime we had a call. Now they can replay the call since the M5 has SV in low band.
The image is cracked but so is the view...
LT-EMTC9

Post by LT-EMTC9 »

I had the same issue with my MIV. I sent it out to Motorola and they replaced the position switch, said the contacts were bad on it. Issue resolved.
Lake Effect

Post by Lake Effect »

I've had two M-4 pagers do similar things. I found that a couple of the pins on the switch needed to be resoldered. That took care of it on both of them for over a month now and no return calls from the user.

L.E.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”