MCS 2000 Communication problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

chiefhal3
Batboard $upporter

MCS 2000 Communication problem

Post by chiefhal3 »

I am trying to reprogram an MCS 2000 Model III but keep getting the message communication with radio failed. I am using the same rib and cables I have always used and the same version of the software. Infact I even opened the codeplug file from last time and verified that all the correct information was there. When I try to read the radio it powers off, then powers on goes to self test and then I get the error on the computer the radio acts as if it was a normal power up.

I do have it hooked up to a digital remote interface and dgt3000's but I tried it with them on and off, connected and disconnected.

Any ideas?
"Once man has hunted armed man and liked it there is no other hunt like it."
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Check the battery in the RIB, maybe?

Have you verified that your setup currently works with other identical radios, and that the problem you're having is with that one specific radio?

Return to “Radio Programming”