Change Serial Number ProRadio...

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

smile@2006
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 XTL2500 ATS2500

Change Serial Number ProRadio...

Post by smile@2006 »

How to change the Serial Number ProRadio (HT750/1250/CDM, etc)?
Any idea for it?

:D :D :D
AZAALAMDFD
jwb8734
What radios do you own?: To many Motorola and Vertex

Post by jwb8734 »

I do not think you can change the SN. I think it would be hard to find a LAB anywhere. I do not recommend changing SN on any radio. /\/\oto frowns upon that. Send it to them to change the SN.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Bottom line, changing serial numbers is illegal, and you shouldn't do it.
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
smile@2006

Post by smile@2006 »

I buy used GP338 from ebay,
model AZP25RDH9AA5
the sn is 1234567890.

Thank's for all, i will send it to /\/\

---------------
--------------
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Hopefully your not in the USA - The depot will not support that radio within the US due to the region for it not being US (AA).

Not to mention the 12334567890 serial number. You might as well throw it out - as I'm sure Motorola won't be too receptive to fixing a non-tagged with incorrect serial number portable.

-Alex
jwb8734

Post by jwb8734 »

It sounds like a HACKED radio. If you send it to MOTO you may not get the radio back. When you but a radio you can call Moto and they may be able to look up the SN and give you more info. Good Luck
rodell

Post by rodell »

Interesting about changing the serial number being "illegal". I believe it would be illegal to change the serial number if the intent is to defraud in some way.

Doesn't matter, though.

I do know of one very large customer that Moto (a major shop was the installer) modified the radios so all of the serial numbers were withe the same or in a series. "New" radios added to the systems somehow fell into the same serial number block, and, there were more than a few repeats. (The record keeping was horrible.)

Rob
Ed

Post by Ed »

It's possible to blank the serial number using LABflashgrade, and use ProRadioTuner to put ANY serialnumber back in the radio.

Ed
"American beer is like making love in a canoo. It's both f*cking close to water."
(Monty Python's Flying Circus)
jwb8734

Post by jwb8734 »

Ed wrote:It's possible to blank the serial number using LABflashgrade, and use ProRadioTuner to put ANY serialnumber back in the radio.
So there is a LAB.

Intresting.
smile@2006

Post by smile@2006 »

Ed wrote:
It's possible to blank the serial number using LABflashgrade, and use ProRadioTuner to put ANY serialnumber back in the radio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank's for all, now I can change SN with ProRadio Tuner (modify).

AALAMDAZFDSuperTanapa

Return to “Radio Programming”