Hum on frequency....MDC?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

giardinop
What radios do you own?: (2)HT 1250, EX 500, EX600 XLS

Hum on frequency....MDC?

Post by giardinop »

I have an EX600XLS, 4 CDM1250s and 2 HT1250s all programmed the same with one exception...MDC. MDC is not enabled on the CDMs and the EX and they receive the frequency in question perfectly.....nice clear audio. The HTs have a terrible hum when receiving on the frequency in question. MDC-1 is set on the HTs and the data comes thru and displays on the radios. MDC-1 was also set on the EX earlier and the hum was there.

These are UFH units using conventional (non-trunking) frequencies.

No hum on the other 10 channels using MDC-1.

So the question......does MDC cause the hum? Is there an incorrect setting for the signaling? Will other signaling settings still push the data but cause the hum......what else can I try to keep the signaling and lose the hum?
Communicating on......all /\/\ equipment
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

This is a known problem. You need to use the global tuner and change the value of the "baseband offset" when using MDC. Here's an old thread with more specific info for you to read through:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... and+offset

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
giardinop
What radios do you own?: (2)HT 1250, EX 500, EX600 XLS

Post by giardinop »

Great... thanks for the link...I searched before I posted but I got a ton of non relavent stuff.
:)
paul
Communicating on......all /\/\ equipment

Return to “Radio Programming”