MCS2000 programming question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BPD109
Batboard $upporter

MCS2000 programming question

Post by BPD109 »

Ok, I'm curious if any of the CPS/RSS experts out there can tell me if this is an option for me:

Have an MCS2K, Model 1, 800 smartzone, low power. I want to clone that codeplug to an MCS2K, Model 1, 800 smartzone, 30 watt radio. Will the CPS let you do limited cloning, or is the slight model difference enough for it to say get bent?

Thanks!

Randy
You can only buy so many bags of lime before people begin asking questions...
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

You will not be able to clone, but if you open up both codeplugs you can drag & drop all the personalities and zones from the source to the target.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

i agree, drag & drop is the only way i've found to do it.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
BPD109
Batboard $upporter

Post by BPD109 »

Lurvely.

Looks like a long night in the making, or so it would seem.

Thanks for the info.

Any ideas on whether or not it would allow a limited clone from RSS? I'm a strange duck when it comes to programming and I saved archived copies of the original codeplugs and S-records before using CPS on them. I learned to keep copies the hard way...
You can only buy so many bags of lime before people begin asking questions...
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

There is no limited cloning, other than "clone conventional information only" in some RSS. The CPS drag & drop between unlike models literally takes seconds, it's almost as good as cloning in that aspect, and is a huge advantage over the DOS RSS.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
otter9309

Post by otter9309 »

What is the latest CPS?

Return to “Radio Programming”