maxtrac programing HELP!!!

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

unioner101

maxtrac programing HELP!!!

Post by unioner101 »

I have a 2 channel maxtrac with the model number (which is very hard to read) D44MJA?3A??. I am using the MaxTrac software verison R05.05.00 dated 01-Sept-94. I am getting a error code 21 which says the radio is unsupported. I also tried reading the radio using software for a M120 and that didnt work. Can someone please help me? Thank you
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

The D44MJA73A5AK is a very common and popular 2-ch 45w UHF radio. I'm surprised your software doesn't know about it. I have several of these, as well as their 16-channel brothers, and my software - same version as yours, and also a newer one - knows about them.

It's always possible that someone put Radius boards inside. The Radius model number would be D44LRA... and these use a different program than the MaxTracs. The boards and/or firmware are interchangeable and, unfortunately, this is not usually noticed by the new owner of the radio.

One way to check is to take the covers off the radio and take the shield off the logic board. If there's an EPROM with a label on it, check the part number. If it says Radius on it, that's definitely your problem. If not, let us know what it does say. This will probably be the only chip in a socket that has a white label on it.

Bob M.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

it's also possibel that someone has already hacked the radio and now your software don't recognize it. if that's the case you need the hacked software from whoever did it the last time.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Radio Programming”