MTS2000 MDC ID Display Question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

John Moem

MTS2000 MDC ID Display Question

Post by John Moem »

I have two conventionally flashed MTS2000 Model III VHF radios (HO1KDH9PW1BN). One has a firmware of 5.53 and the other 6.41. First Issue: I am unable to program the 5.53 radio to decode incoming MDC calls to display either the ID number or alias name. The 6.41 does this without a problem. Second Issue: I cannot enable the 5.53 radio's HOME button to function as intended (long press to memorize a channel), whereas the 6.41 radio works as intended. In all other regards I am successfully programming the radios with a Motorola RIB and recent legal CPS. Any reasons why? The firmware is an obvious suggestion, but I'd sure like a definitive answer. Thanks.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Yes, I believe you need firmware 6+ for MDC to work...I'm not positive on the exact rev for the 'home' button, but I do know it doesn't work on older radios.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
John Moem

Post by John Moem »

I had wondered. The 5.53 radio does page just fine from either the alias page or free dialing the four digit ID code. It just isn't decoding the incoming ID identity.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Do they both have the same flashcode?

-Marc
John Moem

Post by John Moem »

Both of the radios have the same flashcode - conventional, 000001-000000-9.

John
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Yeah, I would say that it is a low firmware issue for sure then causing the no MDC ID problem. A firmware reflash should clear that right up.

-Marc
John Moem

Post by John Moem »

Thank you gentlemen, that clears it up. Appreciate your input.

John

Return to “Radio Programming”