smallest siren w/ radio rebroadcast capabilities

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rdkl

smallest siren w/ radio rebroadcast capabilities

Post by rdkl »

I am looking for suggestions on the smallest siren w/ radio rebroadcast capabilities. I have a troy console which is down to a 2 inch space and need to find something that will fit.

Any suggestions?
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

think the Lund Industries siren system one might suit you. Don't have experience with it, but used to have a unitrol omega 5000 in one of the unmarked's.

Option at all to add a motorola siren if you have spectra radios?
rdkl

Post by rdkl »

I will take a look at the Lund Ind product. Unfortunately, the radios are all Kenwoods so the motorola addon wouldnt work for me.

I have a couple of the Unitrol Omega amps but unfortunately only have the larger control head for them.
topcop1833

Post by topcop1833 »

how bout this.
http://www.fedsig.com/products/index.php?id=195
it controls lights too. good space saver, and not as large as the SVP product.
fineshot1

Fed Signal 650 Series Caution

Post by fineshot1 »

Not knocking the Fed Signal 650 Series Siren/Light Bar Controller products but if you are going to use this product to control a light bar then do your research first. The light bar portion of this controller does not have a lot of current switching and handling capacity. If its going to be used for a newer type light bar that does not draw a lot of current then ok. But if it is going to be used to controll an older light bar ( vector, vision, streethawk, etc. ) please do the research on what amount of current is needed. If I recall correctly last time I installed one of these each switch was rated to supply 10amps each and on a lot of the older light bars that is totally insufficient. Never had that problem with any of the SVP line or any other controller products.....fineshot1
fineshot1
NJ USA
topcop1833

Post by topcop1833 »

i have never used it for anything but slick top operations. it can handle most of the "cigerette lighter" lights just fine...
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

doesn't the 650 only do wail and a/h?
topcop1833

Post by topcop1833 »

its a full function
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

you push the TONE/MAN button to toggle through the tones.
TWL911

Post by TWL911 »

Whelen Beta.
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

Documentation appears to indicate that it only has wail and priority...I had considered the 650 in the past, but didn't want to not have yelp.
topcop1833

Post by topcop1833 »

■ 100 W output - Wail, Priority,
Air Horn, Manual Peak and
Hold tones.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

The latest firmware in the FS650 only provides wail, manual & airhorn from the keypad. Priority is only activated via horn ring. Found this out after installation, and the supplied instructions do not mention this "feature".
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

Carson Sirens, check them out
John
unlisted
was motosapien
What radios do you own?: Way too many...

Re: Fed Signal 650 Series Caution

Post by unlisted »

fineshot1 wrote:Not knocking the Fed Signal 650 Series Siren/Light Bar Controller products but if you are going to use this product to control a light bar then do your research first. The light bar portion of this controller does not have a lot of current switching and handling capacity. If its going to be used for a newer type light bar that does not draw a lot of current then ok. But if it is going to be used to controll an older light bar ( vector, vision, streethawk, etc. ) please do the research on what amount of current is needed. If I recall correctly last time I installed one of these each switch was rated to supply 10amps each and on a lot of the older light bars that is totally insufficient. Never had that problem with any of the SVP line or any other controller products.....fineshot1

I had an idea regarding the low current output for the FedSig 650. If you need to control a light bar (or anything high amperage) hook up the 650 switch to a high amperage relay. I know it is kind of redundant, but it works. I have done this once and it works just fine. (well so far, 8 months)
MetroMan

Post by MetroMan »

Had an issue witht the "tone" button on the remote controller for the 650 also. Federal tech said that it was changed because everyone would rather have a siren kill switch instead of tone change.

I also agree with the relay option. Used it for years without any problem. Also helps keep the heavy wiring out of the console on non-remote type sirens/light control boxes.
Rich

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”