MOL Account Question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mancow
Batboard $upporter

MOL Account Question

Post by mancow »

OK, why is it that I can see CPS for ASTRO25 on the list as available items for purchase but when I go to the XTS3000, Astro Saber, or Astro Spectra links that CPS is not there?

Also, RSS for spectra analog shows up but not for the saber.

I don't get it.

Why must this be so difficult?
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

I'm not sure, but mine lists all of those, just not the Systems Saber.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

I think they outsourced all their common sense over there.

If I drop something like the astro25 in my cart and go to pay for it what are the chances I will actually get it?

Do I have to sign a damn licence for each type? I have the main agreement thing signed and squared away but there is a link to other things as well.

There is a link to: RESTRICTED SOFTWARE LICENSES

It has all my info at the top with only these types listed:

For which license are you currently seeking approval?
HT (HVN9025/HVN9067) CT (HVN6053)

What's up with that? I take it that's all I am "approved for" and to get something useful would require that form with the other types on it too.

Strange stuff.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

Mine was all done via fax and phone and then they gave me access to MOL. So all of my CPS/RSS is listed under "Resource Center" and then I click the Software tab and everything I have is under there.

Everything that I've ever put in my cart has been sent to me with no problems, just a wrong part ordered by me trying to be cheap.

Never ordered a radio and have never had a need to buy more CPS via MOL as my updates haven't expired yet.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

If you buy RSS/CPS through MOL - from what I understand it does not show up until they release another version, and their script or database is updated to say "you now own it" They apparently only do this a) by request and b) when a new update is released.

For example, You can probably download HT1000 RSS from them, however, because there hasn't been any updates since 3.x, it probably will never show up unless you directly ask for it.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.

Return to “Radio Programming”