HT 1000 Help

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mr_HT1000

HT 1000 Help

Post by Mr_HT1000 »

Hello all, I have an HT 1000 I just got off of ebay and I'm trying to program it. Now when I boot the computer up in DOS mode and run the HT 1000 RSS, everything's fine. I make sure that the RIB is plugged into the computer and that the power is on to the RIB and the radio is on and is plugged into the RIB. When I go to read the radio I see the data light on the RIB flash once and then I get a warning on the screen about either radio not on, poor connection between radio and RIB or no radio, or RIB malfuction. I have checked all of the cables several times and all are fine, I've used more than one computer and still got the same results.

When I tried to program my Maratrac i got a com port power failure message.

Please help if you have any ideas.
Thanx
I have Diabetes. The other day I stubbed my toe and I took it out on the dog. And two weeks ago I ran out of vanilla ice cream and struck my wife. Then I find out my wife's been dead for six years. Who the hell did I hit?!
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

Need your computer info please.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

take a pencil eraser to the contacts on the side of the radio and make shure they are clean. other than that we need more info.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
SPEAKER MIC

Post by SPEAKER MIC »

ON THE HT, IF HE READS ANOTHER ONE THAT HE KNOWS WORKS (HAS BEEN READ BY HIM BEFORE), ITS EITHER THE FRONT FLEX OR CONTACTS..(BEEN THERE)

LIKE YOU SAID, NEED COMP INFO...

oops, caps.....
I TURN THE KNOB, THE LIGHT BLINKS AND IT BEEPS.........THATS ALL IT DOES!!!!!!
PLEASE WORK!!!..just once, thats all...
RKG

Post by RKG »

Now when I boot the computer up in DOS mode . . . .
If this means that your are trying to run the HT1000 RSS in a so-called DOS Window under some flavor of Windows, I think this may be your problem. There are a lot of prior threads on this subject; the short version is that RSS must be run under native DOS, not a form of DOS emulation. The application may appear to run for file read and manipulation, but it will fail on a read or a write, because the HT1000 RSS requires direct control of the UART chip and Windows (even in a so-called DOS Window) does not permit direct application control of the UART.
SPEAKER MIC

Post by SPEAKER MIC »

yep

im an idiot myself..

i kept writing to my saber 2 and id get all sorts of trouble and errors...

i could read it and my hts...
could edit too...

writing wasnt working...

i then realized that it was running full screen in windows 98!!!! :o
I TURN THE KNOB, THE LIGHT BLINKS AND IT BEEPS.........THATS ALL IT DOES!!!!!!
PLEASE WORK!!!..just once, thats all...
Mr_HT1000

HT 1000 Help

Post by Mr_HT1000 »

My computer is an HP Desktop with an Intel Celeron processor, 902 MHz and 160 MB RAM running Win XP. When I run the RSS I restart the computer and use a boot disk to run in true DOS.

My Laptop is Compaq Armada with 333 MHz processor and running Win XP

I have a fear that it might be the RIB, it was a nice litttle mini from eBay.
I have Diabetes. The other day I stubbed my toe and I took it out on the dog. And two weeks ago I ran out of vanilla ice cream and struck my wife. Then I find out my wife's been dead for six years. Who the hell did I hit?!
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Post by kf4sqb »

Another possibility is the version of RSS you have. If it's not a new enough revision, it will not be Pentium compatible (requires a slow computer). Also, are you sure you have the RIB connected to the COM port that the RSS is set to?
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
Mr_HT1000

HT 1000 Help

Post by Mr_HT1000 »

The RSS version is R03.02.01 and I went through and checked to make sure that the com port was set right and still have problems.
kf4sqb

Post by kf4sqb »

That version is not Pentium compatible. I don't know what the latest revision is, but R03.03.00 and later is Pentium compatible. I can't say for sure that that is your problem, but it is possible.

Mr_HT1000

HT 1000 Help

Post by Mr_HT1000 »

Hey I've come to find out that anything is possible. Thanks for your help. :)
kf4sqb

Re: HT 1000 Help

Post by kf4sqb »

Mr_HT1000 wrote:Hey I've come to find out that anything is possible. :)
Esspecially when dealing with /\/\otorola radio equipment! 8)

Mr_HT1000

HT 1000 Help

Post by Mr_HT1000 »

I do not know what I did, but today I thought I'd give it one more try and by god the RSS read the codeplug and I was able to program my HT 100 :lol: :lol:

Now all I have to do is find out the tone freq and duration for my town's squad and I'll be in business!

Return to “Radio Programming”