PRO3150 software

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N9LLO

PRO3150 software

Post by N9LLO »

What software is required for the PRO3150 export radio?
I tried CPS R06.01.00 with the region hack to support LA FD AA AZ but it says unsupported model

Chris
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

like i said in your other post, it's not available here in the US. It don't use the ht1250 cps. it has it's own version of the ct cps and i havn't found a way to hack the AA version to do a LA radio yet. If somebody has already found that spot i'd like to know where the region code is.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

[quote="HLA"] it has it's own version of the ct cps

What is ct CPS? Do you know the name or part number of the CPS required?

Chris
HLA

Post by HLA »

the part number don't show up in our book because that radio isn't supposed to be in this country and isn't supported in the US. that radio is the LA version of the CT250.
HLA
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

OK, now we are getting closer. Is this a RSS or CPS program? Part number? I'm think I can get it programmed, I want to do a little legwork here so I will know what to ask for. I'm sure with the global presence of Batlabs someone here will have the answers I seek.

Chris
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

If someone were to come up with a similar region hack for the CT250 CPS, it would likely work for your radio. The North American part# for the CPS is HVN6053.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
HLA

Post by HLA »

and i wouldn't go taking that radio to a local motorola shop to try and get it programmed, they'll probablly confenscate it. i've been thru the ct250 cps a few times and i can't find the region code.
HLA
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

HLA wrote:and i wouldn't go taking that radio to a local motorola shop to try and get it programmed, they'll probablly confenscate it. i've been thru the ct250 cps a few times and i can't find the region code.
How in the hell is a motorola shop going to "confenscate" my radio? They have absoluty no legal right to do that and would have to answer to the law.

Chris
HLA

Post by HLA »

if you read the original owners manual, motorola owns the firmware in all their radios and they reserve the right to confenscate radios that have been hacked or in this case, don't belong in this country. So even tho you think you are buying and own that radio, they still own the firmware inside and they can still take it and you are going to be the one that has to answer to the law. and still lose the radio. if you hack an HT1000 from 2ch to 16ch, they can take it. and i know my boss has done it many times.
HLA
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

Your boss dosen't have a legal leg to stand on. If he believes there has been an infringment of Motorola's intellectual property rights he is free to consult the local prosecuting attorney, He has absolutley no right to consficate private property based on his own opinion. If the court finds in favor of Motorola they can order the radio consficated by an officer of the courts, not by a private individual even if he believes he is acting on behalf of Motorola. If the retards at the local shop here thought they were going to take my property based on ther illusion of criminal act all hell would break loose. They would need a good attorney fast. I have several good ones in the family.

Chris
N9LLO
HLA

Post by HLA »

you can see it any way you want, i'm not going to argue with you over it. it's yours and you can do whatever you want with it, good luck.
HLA
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

Well I finally got this thing programmed, Looks like it wont support user programmable scan. Am I missing something?

Chris
N9LLO

Return to “Radio Programming”