Program a HT1550 with CPS using HT1250 file?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bandaidken

Program a HT1550 with CPS using HT1250 file?

Post by bandaidken »

I have a lot of time put into programming our ht1250's (dozens and dozens of MDC Call list entries).

I know you cannot program the ht1550 using the ht1250 file, but how can I cut and paste or easily program the ht1550 without having to re-enter all that data into a new file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

You can't...sorry. I've been in your boat...one customer with 5 different HT/CDM codeplug templates for all their different models. Very complicated programming too.

Todd
Last edited by wavetar on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

open both codeplugs and drag & drop from one to the other. but it might not transfer all the info, the 1550 sometimes has more boxes to fill so you will still have to go thru them even after you move them.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

HLA wrote:open both codeplugs and drag & drop from one to the other. but it might not transfer all the info, the 1550 sometimes has more boxes to fill so you will still have to go thru them even after you move them.
Have you ever programmed these models? Drag & drop is NOT a feature of the HT/CDM CPS...only for the Astro/25 & MTS/MCS CPS.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
HLA

Post by HLA »

you're right, i was reading ht and thinking mts
HLA
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
dawg987

Post by dawg987 »

so if you have the same model radio for example an motorola ex600 can i open my cp and then write it to anothe radio and it will work?
HLA

Post by HLA »

it should as long as the model number matches. the worst that will happen if it can't is it will tell you why i couldn't do it. you won't hurt the radio.
HLA
dawg987

Post by dawg987 »

oh thank you soooo much! so basicly any same radio with the same model number will work in cloning thats awesome ive been searching the board formonths for that info!
jmr3865
2 Warnings for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale
What radios do you own?: KW tk2170, tk730, etc.

Post by jmr3865 »

I programmed my 25w cdm1250 info into my 50w cdm1250. Different model #'s
JMR
KC2QVO

Return to “Radio Programming”