maxtrac 300 help

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bayfire300

maxtrac 300 help

Post by bayfire300 »

hello again everyone. i came accross a maxtrac 300 i am trying to program 449-470 split and it wont take 462/467. the radio lats me program it but it wont let me transmit on it. any ideas?
also i think it was hack since the serial number using the software reads
"778USUCKIT" sorry for the language but thats what it really says.
can the radio be flashed back to the way it is supposed to be?

one more thing ..is it possible to disable the ignition wire from the 16 pin?
i hate that thing none of my other maxtracs need it.

thank you
otto
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

The ignition wire problem can usually be fixed by replacing the ignition fuse on the logic board. Either it's been removed (easy to see) or blown (impossible to see).

If there's still a model/serial number sticker on the radio, it should be possible to blank and initialize the radio so the internal info matches the external info.

It's possible that the radio was for trunking use, and may not let you transmit in that case. Let us know the model number for further details.

Also, the part number on the RF board will tell us what band-split the radio was for. If it's a 403-440 or 470-512 MHz radio, it won't work well, if at all, on 462/467 MHz. The number on the RF board will be three letters followed by four digits and possibly an A or B after those. It'll be stamped on the board in black or white ink.

There are several people here on the board who can fix all of your issues, assuming the RF board and power amplifier are already 440-470 MHz.

Bob M.
stvnd53

Post by stvnd53 »

Use "LABS" on it.
bayfire300

Post by bayfire300 »

ok thanks i'll check into all that
otto
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

A simple blank and reinitialize will fix the serial number problem. But as already mentioned get the part number off the RF board so that the split can be verified just in case someone was trying to hack a low or high split to make it a mid split.

I wrote an article for the RBTIP website on blanking and reinitializing a Maxtrac to upgrade it, the information there would also help you through the process of just blanking and reinitializing to the factory setting for the serial number.

Have a look and read here...

http://www.repeater-builder.com/maxtrac ... grade.html
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage

Return to “Radio Programming”