Reinitalizing help for a maxtrac 840 needed

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rick Rock

Reinitalizing help for a maxtrac 840 needed

Post by Rick Rock »

(Don't ask) I managed to blank a maxtrac 840 and reinitialize it with the wrong keystroke- w/o using initial tuning, and I'd like to get it back to life. TX is not a necessity, as this will be a receiver unit in a project I am working on, however I don't have or have access to tuning equip.!

Any help that'll even get it close would be great, or someone in the Columbus, OH area with tuning capabilites...

Yea, I know, I f**ked it up good.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

If you blanked it and chose not to retain the old tuning values, then it just puts in default values which will allow the radio to transmit. It won't be perfect, and the power and deviation might not be consistent across the entire transmit range, but it'll be close enough. If you don't need it to transmit, then there's really nothing that has to be done to it other than loading the codeplug back in.

MaxTracs are hard to really mess up. You can blank and initialize to your heart's content. As long as you saved the original codeplug before blanking it, you should be able to load that back in and get the radio to the same state it was before you blanked it.

Bob M.
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

I went in, put in 2 freqs. (within range) And it's still giving me the HIGHHHHH LOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW error tone. And I don't see any way to access the trunking @ all??
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

There's a separate program to deal with the trunking modes on MaxTracs. I would suspect that it can deal with conventional modes as well, but I do know that the conventional program will just skip over and ignore the trunking modes. Sounds like you're just missing some key information as well as the program(s) to deal with it.

If it's a trunking radio, then you need trunking software to program it, along with a lot more information from the system administrator.

That's about as far as I can go on this forum.

Bob M.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Does it identifiy itself as a model 840 in the radio-wide screen? And, are you using the trunked Maxtrac RSS, part# RVN4043?

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”