?? DOS on a POCKET PC PDA

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radioinstl
What radios do you own?: Liberty MBITR APX7000 75000

?? DOS on a POCKET PC PDA

Post by radioinstl »

has any one tried useing a DOS RSS (ie HT1000, GM300) on a PDA running Windows POCKET PC that is running a dos emulation software. I have a HP5550 Ipaq PDA with a serial cable running a dos emulation software. want to try ans see if i can get it to runn rss.

Thanx scott
440roadrunner

Post by 440roadrunner »

In my opinion any emulation ANY is a recipe for disaster on a radio program. There WERE handheld devices that ran "real" DOS, but don't ask me to quote the model numbers. Some of the old HP.....200LX and like that ran DOS. Some of the older stuff ran Basic Also, there were a few DOS ROM based laptop like devices that ran DOS from a ROM chip. I once had an old NEC Ultralite that had a 2mb rom chip.
VE9MP
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE
What radios do you own?: FPP Railroad XTL9000 Cleancab

Post by VE9MP »

I have my HP PocketPC running a DOS emulator called Pocket DOS, it will let me run the RSS, read archived codeplugs, make changes, and save them...

I haven't tried writing to a radio, but atleast the software runs...
-----Nick-----

"I can trip some repeaters in Maine, but I'm not getting any audio into it, is there some type of tone frequency I use? If so do you know what one is for Maine?" - The SMT Machine
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

the port is where you are going to run into problems, i run programs in a dos window all the time because it makes it easier to open another window with all my frequencies in it. i havn't found an rss program yet that won't run in the window but when it comes time to read or write to the radio i'll transfer the file over the network to another laptop to do the actual radio. i've even went as far as running virtual pc on my mac and opening a windows window there and ran rss fine.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
radioinstl
What radios do you own?: Liberty MBITR APX7000 75000

RSS DOs

Post by radioinstl »

am running pocketdos as well. the rss runs fine and i have it hooked to the serial cable with a null modem gender changer to the rib it sees the rib and says reading radio, but never finishs, if u unplug the rib it knows it is not there and gives u the rib error screen

Return to “Radio Programming”