HT1250 Scanlist w/ Quik Call

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jc29ems

HT1250 Scanlist w/ Quik Call

Post by jc29ems »

Hello All,
Anyone able to help me out with a little situation I am having would be greatly apprechiated. I am trying to do 2 quik calls, each on a different frequency and put them in a scanlist so when either of the channels are selected by the channel selection knob, it will only scan those two to wait for calls. What I did was create one channel and one quik call for each and then I created a scanlist and entered 1 as selected 2 as the 1st quik call and 3 as the 2nd quik call. I am not fimilar with the settings in the scanlists so I believe I need some help tweaking because when I have the radio on scan, no alerts go off, but when i take the radio off scan, the tones work by themselves fine.

Anyone that can provide me with each setting I should have would be apprechiated or if it is not possible, please let me know. I am using 06.04.00 software.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Assuming everything else is correct, go into the 'advanced' tab in the scanlist, and change the 'signalling hold time' from the factory default of 400ms to 2000ms. It should then work much more reliably...although I haven't tried scanning between multiple QCII channels with it...just between a single QCII channel and a regular one.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

another thing is ht1250's have a firmware issue with qc, I wouldn't trust the radio to be used as a pager like that you shouldn't scan and try to get qc calls. and 2000ms is 2 sec, if you don't catch the beginning of your first tone because that 2 sec is on the other ch your tones won't go off.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
jc29ems

Post by jc29ems »

Alright thanks, I'm going to try that with the hold time at 2000ms. Now what should the PL Scan type on the general tab be set at and also the signaling type on the advanced tab. What are your recommendations, I am not sure what the difference is between each choice.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Why not buy a Minitor V? Right tool, right job...
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

jc29ems wrote:Alright thanks, I'm going to try that with the hold time at 2000ms. Now what should the PL Scan type on the general tab be set at and also the signaling type on the advanced tab. What are your recommendations, I am not sure what the difference is between each choice.
Set both 'Scan PL Type' and 'signalling type' to "priority and non-priority channel". See if it does the trick for you. With a single QCII channel, I've found this to bring the scanning decode reliability up to somewhere between 95-100%. It'll be interesting to see what happens with 2 QCII channels.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
HLA

Post by HLA »

the best you are going to get out of it, no matter how much time is entered in the settings, is that you might get your page. don't use the radio as your main pager.
HLA
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
jc29ems

Post by jc29ems »

Thanks everyone, I'll get it a shot and let you know. The reason I am trying to do this is for work. I work on an ambulance and they don't provide us with pagers. We are a BLS/ALS (Basic Life Support and Advanced Life Support) company and our BLS tones go off on a different frequency and different tone then our ALS tones. So that is why I am trying to do this all.
HLA

Post by HLA »

well again the best you are going to get is maybe. are you the only person on the rig? if not split it up, one person monitor 1 and the other monitor 2.
HLA

Return to “Radio Programming”