RADIUS M1225 PROGRAMMING HELP

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BigJim

RADIUS M1225 PROGRAMMING HELP

Post by BigJim »

Trying to program a VHF 4 Ch. M1225. Can't get any response from the radio, won't read it at all. CPS just pops up the little box of things to check. Polaris RIB with homemade cable. This cable and rib have programmed many other radius models and some GTXs with no problem.. First try on the Radius M1225. No luck yet.

Error says Radio is not active.

CPS V. R02.00.00
Win2000Pro

Any ideas?

Thanks to all!! BJ
Last edited by BigJim on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Which computer OS are you trying to run it under?

Versions earlier than 4.0 will not work on XP, and will sometimes behave the way that you are describing if you try.

Earlier versions should run on Windows 3.1x and 9x.
BigJim

Post by BigJim »

I'll load this CPS on 98SE and give it a try. Will only take a few minutes.
BigJim

Post by BigJim »

You were right on the money!! 98SE talks to the radio but this radio was last programed with newer CPS than what I am using. I'm sure a newer version of the CPS will work..

Thanks, BJ
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

Yup, sounds like you need V4.0!
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
Adam

Post by Adam »

Gentlemen,

I understand that the RSS, depending on version, may need an older version of windows to run... but if it needs Windows 98.. does it also need a slower computer?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

no, 98 or me will run on a fast machine. most of the difference is in the drive format. xp and 2000 run on an ntfs file system, 98 & me run on a fat32. but the biggest answer to your question is that rss should never be ran with windows, dos only.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Radio Programming”