MT1000 problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dw200

MT1000 problem

Post by dw200 »

got a question for anyone. i have a MT1000 that emits a continuous tone whenever the toggle switch is placed in the scan position. the tone will not stop until the unit is powered OFF/ON. the operator of the apparatus that the unit is on says this just started happening. i would rather not take it to the local shop unless i have to. any suggestions would be appreciated
dw200

Post by dw200 »

followup..........the radio will receive and transmit fine until the switch is moved. it is not a battery problem as i have swapped them around.
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

It sounds like your L/S switch is shorted. Like when you put the radio in scan list programming mode you hold the L/S button and turn the top switch to scan mode and you get alert tone until you release the L/S button.

It could be just the rubber button is stuck in or the switch has failed.
dw200

Post by dw200 »

that sounds like a good possibility. i tried pushing the button and it made no difference. i still got the continuous alert tone. i am to the point of using some radios for parts so i may just put this one away as a future parts donor. thanks

Return to “Radio Programming”