MTSX programming problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radiotechno1

MTSX programming problem

Post by radiotechno1 »

Hi there,

I have a quick question for anyone who may be able to suggest a solution to my troubles.

I have a MTX838 UHF radio and I tried reading it with the MTSX R6.00.00 software. When I try reading the radios codeplug it reads the blocks but when done it says..."the coldeplug is to new for this application".

What do I need to read and write to this radio? Is it a newer version of the MTSX software or something easier?

If anyone can assist me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony
GEMOTO

Post by GEMOTO »

You need a newer version of RSS. The radio was last programmed with newer software than what you are trying to read it with. You either need the same version or newer in order to read or write to the radio.
radiotechno1

Post by radiotechno1 »

Thank you very much...I tried a later version and it did the trick...Very much appreciated...Thank you...:)

Return to “Radio Programming”