Spectra Head Change

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OSTAT

Spectra Head Change

Post by OSTAT »

I have a T73 model spectra with an A9 head installed. The radio originally had an A5 head installed. I have read the information on forcing a head change but I do not have the ability to get a codeplug file from a radio with an A9 head. Can anyone help me out??? Thanks
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Was the radio bitbanged into being an A9? Or was it force fed the A9 codeplug?

Sounds like the second in which case you just need an A9 codeplug to go with. Or you could bitbang the radio to be a proper A9 and be able to read and write the radio as such.

http://www.k2jsv.com/spectra

That is a little tutorial I put together for that. More info when it comes to moflags and stuff are found on the main Batlabs site on the Spectra Pages.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
OSTAT

A9 head change

Post by OSTAT »

I have not done anything to the radio yet. It is installed and powers up. I have read the radio and changed channel one. I can transmit and receive fine but the head does not function other than it comes on, self checks and shoe fail 9/10 and error 5/84. I appreciate the info on the bitbanging. I will give it a try. I just started tinkering with spectras about 3 months ago and have become pretty good with them...this is the most in depth change I have tried to make so far. Thanks for the info!!! :D

Return to “Radio Programming”