mts2000 fail code fail 01/93

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lgwcomm

mts2000 fail code fail 01/93

Post by lgwcomm »

hi all

i programed my mts2000 with lab software didnt backup only have cps backup codeplug i tryed to down load my spare mts codeing after that i have fail 01/93 is there any way i can fix this radio.

model
ho1rdh9pw1bn

fullkeypad

thanks
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Your radio is toolproofed.

See here:
http://www.batlabs.com/mtsx.html#3

The radio can be repaired only if you have an original S-Record from that radio. If not, you're pretty much screwed.
lgwcomm

Post by lgwcomm »

many thks for reply i dont have org s records only have org cps codeplug i have a 2nd mts can i use thats s records.
thks
lgwcomm

Post by lgwcomm »

many thks for reply i dont have org s records only have org cps codeplug i have a 2nd mts can i use thats s records.
thks
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Nope. You need an original one, otherwise the numbers won't match up inside the radio, and the error will remain.
lgwcomm

Post by lgwcomm »

i dont have it what else can i do pls??
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Your only other option is to send it to Motorola, and they might fix it, following a tough explanation, for a couple hundred bucks.

Your most realistic option is to buy another radio, and sell the bad one as parts.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

You could also turn it into a German version (MT2100) of that radio. Search around and you'll find out how...
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
lgwcomm

Post by lgwcomm »

hi again

i have a mtx838 screen on top will it be easy to make it a full keypad one as i have a full keypad on the stuffed mts2000,hope that can be done that will get me out of trouble.

thanks
again
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

isn't that mtx an 800 mhz radio? your mts was uhf, they won't work on the same band. you need to have someone program that radio for you before you brick another one.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Radio Programming”