how to create a new codeplug with older version of lab rss

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

codyshell

how to create a new codeplug with older version of lab rss

Post by codyshell »

does ANYONE know how to create a blank codeplug with Lab RSS version 02.00.01? im a little frustrated at this point. also, does anyone know if it will read a codeplug from a radio thats been programmed with regular rss version 06.07.00?

thanks
cody :)
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

The only RSS that I know of that you can create your own codeplugs is the Saber & Systems Saber RSS.

I do not believe that you can with the MTSX series.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

If your talking about MTSX, then you need Lab R03.2 to create a codeplug from scratch. R02.1 won't let you create one. On the other hand, R02.1 will read just about any MTS/MT/MTX.... without giving you the too new/too old error.

-Marc
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

if it's been programmed with cps, the rss won't read it, it will say codeplug too new. but if you have an old rss codeplug saved you can write that to the radio and then you will be able to read it with rss again. you can't create a new codeplug.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
codyshell

Post by codyshell »

thanks for all the help. im waiting om my prog. cable (RIB-less) to get here, but i have a good sized archive, but it always gives me CODEPLUG TOO OLD FOR THIS APPLICATION. anyone got a WORKIN codeplug?

thanks
cody
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Read the regular codeplug you wan't to use with the lab 2.1 that you have. It will give you the "codeplug too new" error.... Don't worry about that, it just wasn't able to unpack it, it's still there though. Now, go to the menu that lets you write to the radio "without unpack". You will be able to dump it in that way with no problems.

-Marc
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

Is this an MTS2000? If so, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T TOOLPROOF THAT RADIO!!!

Check the firmware version of the radio before you write to it with lab. Must be under 5.42 for you to be safe.

If it's it's not an MTS2000, then don't worry.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!

Return to “Radio Programming”