pin 25 in RIB missing ??

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jimmy

pin 25 in RIB missing ??

Post by jimmy »

Hi All,
I'm planning to program a GM360 radio but while making the cable for it a came across pin 25 which isn't connected in my RIB

cable pinout : http://www.batlabs.com/images/cdmprog.gif

Rib schematic : http://www.batlabs.com/images/rib.gif

So how/where do I connect the pin 25 to ??
All help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Jimmy
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

don't worry about what's going on in the rib box. pin 25 is used to boot the radio. you can actually skip that wire if you don't plan on flashing the radio. what happens when you get ready to flash the radio you flip a switch on another adaptor (that you don't have) that connects i think pin 1 & 25 and that boots the radio. so for normal programing you don't need it and that's why it isn't in the rib. it gets used by the radio, not the rib.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

I did reed somthing in the flash section about this switch. It's now clear that for normal programing it is nog needed. So then a GM300 cable is actuale the same as a 340/360 etc.
Safes me some work in making one cause I already have the GM300.

Thanks a lot for the info.
greetz from Holland.
Jimmy

Return to “Radio Programming”