Radius M216 Mobile programming question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cduda
What radios do you own?: GP300, HT1250, CDM1250

Radius M216 Mobile programming question

Post by cduda »

While using Radmbl to read a Radius M216 mobile, when I go to read the radio, it comes up with the reading codeblock window and then the error window comes up stating about the mdf file and to enter disk two. I tried different cables and still can not read the radio. Any ideas or something that can be done?

Thanks
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

you need to be running an older computer with a fat32 drive in pure dos mode, not a dos screen. re install your rss with the original motorola floppy and you should be good to go. the fact that it starts reading means it's not the cable or rib, it's either your computer setup or your radio has been hacked in the past and the rss don't recognize the changes someone else has made so what's happening is that the rss is looking for the hacked model number that don't exist except for on the computer that did the hacking.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Will

Post by Will »

Some older versions did NOT support the M204, 214, 216 radios.
RKG

Post by RKG »

I think the problem is that the RSS was not installed on the hard disk per the Motorola install utility. It therefore things that it is running off a floppy. Try just hitting the enter key when you get this message and see what happens.

Return to “Radio Programming”