MTX838 programming error

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mtx12

MTX838 programming error

Post by mtx12 »

Hi everyone. I have an Austrailia MTX (believe its US MTX838) VHF with model number H01KDD9DB4AN. I browsed through the posts and found out I need the MTSX RSS to program my radio. I got the RSS but when I go to read the radio a checksum error pops up. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be and how to correct it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
radiotechno1

Post by radiotechno1 »

hi there,

Make sure you start your RSS first after its up and at the main menu then make sure your radio is off...attach it to your rib..then power on the rib then the radio and then try reading your radio..sometimes for some reason I found if I had the rib power on before the program starts my computer wont see the radio. Also check the com port your rib is attached to is correct that sometimes can cause an issue as well.

Hope this helps.
mtx12

Post by mtx12 »

Thanks for the info. Ill have to give it a shot. :D

Return to “Radio Programming”