M120 2 Channel UHF HELP!!!!!!!

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ffcato

M120 2 Channel UHF HELP!!!!!!!

Post by ffcato »

I have a M120 2 channel UHF and i get a long beep on power up and then when i try to read the program it will say
Error Number 58 Has Occurred:
Radio Code Plug Error

I read the radio once
programed it
then tried to change a feq and this happened...

if someone has a code plug I can use please email it to cato@josh.com
if that will fix the problem

Thanks Josh
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

This trick works on GM300s; try it on your M120.

Connect everything up. Start RSS. Press F2 (Service). Select Alignment. Select Frequency Warp. Note the value it's set to. Using the up or down arrow key, change the value by one. Press F8 to save it. Press F10 a few times to get out of the program. Turn the radio off.

Now turn it back on and see if you still get the long beep. If you don't, chances are very good that you've repaired the bad codeplug error. Go back into the service menu and set the Frequency Warp back to where it was before you started, press F8, then F10 a few times. You should be OK.

If the above did NOT help, you might as well set the Frequency Warp back to its original value in any case. Also, if you encounter additional errors with this procedure, then there's not much more you can do with the radio. Initialization may be the only way out.

Bob M.
ffcato

Post by ffcato »

Bob Thanks for the help radio read works well and no more error!!!!!!!!!

Josh Cato

Return to “Radio Programming”