messed up my mcs2000 with mtsx lab any ideas

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rescuediver

messed up my mcs2000 with mtsx lab any ideas

Post by rescuediver »

hello everybody,

i recently tried to program my mcs2000 model 1 with mtsx lab. "i know not a good idea when you've never done it" but ya gotta learn some how. anyway, now it does come on but you wouldn't kow it unless you pushed the display dimmer button and you can see the backlight come on but there is nothing on the display and when i try to read it i get a communication colision error. anybody got any ideas on how to fix it.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

you can use it as a doorstop. and you might not want to be advertising that you have that software.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

You could try using your MTSX lab, take a known good codeplug (ie, the backup copy you saved!) and try putting it back into the radio. As long as nothing got really messed up, it should revive it.
rescuediver

Post by rescuediver »

well i would try that but now it wont read or write to the radio. and i do have a couple of doors that need a good stopper :D ... but i will keep messing with it it might get it fixed but any suggestions will be appreciated.

advise taken HLA
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

whatever you try don't send it back to motorola, you don't even want to start to explain to them how it happened.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

HLA wrote:whatever you try don't send it back to motorola, you don't even want to start to explain to them how it happened.
He could easily send it in for 'repair', Circle-M has no right to know what happened or how.

I doubt they would even bother, aside from a casual; 'Gee, this is really hosed'...how'd that happen?

Too bad many seem scared of the bat...no reason to, they are nobody special.

Of course, you WILL get a HUGE bill for the favor though, courtesy of Circle-M.
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

You can try to to use Micedit.exe to reset the radio and program it again with MTSX-Lab.If this don´t work,you can flash it into a MC2100.
You only can flash 2m and 70cm radios with big display.

Andreas
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Motorola doesn't mind - they get to charge you a few hundred bucks to fix it :D

I doubt sending the radio back to them would be economical, in any case.
RocketNJ

Post by RocketNJ »

Since Big M outsourced the depot I highly doubt the Mexicans would even question it.
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

And if you're lucky, it'll even come back as the same radio it went in as!
rescuediver

Post by rescuediver »

well i will keep messing with it. my biggest prob right now is that i am getting communication errors and cant read or right to the radio. but i will try what everybody suggest. except sending it to the big m. i just am not willing to pay as much as they would want to fix it. i have a buddy that is an out standing radio tech. but he like me to learn what i can on my own then i take him my screw ups and he fixes them. if he cant fix it than i will sell it to somebody for parts or they might be able to fix it. either way i am not out any money. but keep the ideas comming.

Return to “Radio Programming”