HT750 cloning

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ldale

HT750 cloning

Post by ldale »

What is the procedure for cloning the HT750? I have a cable but don't know how to initiate cloning.

Thanks
squashie8

HT750

Post by squashie8 »

Using the Motorola Professional CPS for the HT's etc doesn't have a clone button. You just plug the radio up and hit the "write" button assuming you have all cables and rib connected properly. It takes care of itself on the fly.
Josh Huff
Installation Technition/IT Manager
Interceptor Public Safety Products, Inc.
P.O. Box 817
1110 Indian Springs Drive
Forsyth, GA 31029
1-866-834-4375
http://www.interceptor-pse.com
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

I think what he means is he has a radio to radio cloning cable. It will clone the info in one radio to another. Doesn't require using CPS.

Jason
squashie8

Post by squashie8 »

My mistake. I have never used a cloning cable before but here is some info I found on how to.

Motorola Radio Cloning Cable HT750 HT1250 GP328
Both radios must be the exact same model. The radios have to have cloning enabled in their programming settings.
1. Connect the cable to both radios
2. Turn target radio on
3. While turning source radio on you must hold the button above and below the PTT switch on the source radio at the same time during power up to start clone mode
The radios will beep when programming is completed if the audio tones for the radios have not been muted.
Josh Huff
Installation Technition/IT Manager
Interceptor Public Safety Products, Inc.
P.O. Box 817
1110 Indian Springs Drive
Forsyth, GA 31029
1-866-834-4375
http://www.interceptor-pse.com

Return to “Radio Programming”