GTX 800 Mhz Error code

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yardbirdjr

GTX 800 Mhz Error code

Post by yardbirdjr »

Hello All!

I am having a time trying to read my Gtx. I have tried all different versions of software and still keep getting the error message ERROR Code 21. I have even tried Lts/Lcs with no success.

I do not have this trouble when I read an Lts-2000.

If anyone has any suggestions please advise.

Thanks

David
KI4GBJ
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

According to my GTX software user's guide, ERROR 21 is "Disk Drive Not Ready". I can't see how that would be radio-specific. Since the software is all contained in one EXE file, there are no overlays or OVL files. However, a corrupt EXE file could be the cause, or a bad path in the configuration screen.

Like all the good old programs, this needs to be run on a computer that's running true DOS. It will not run under Windows or in a DOS BOX under Windows.

Bob M.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

Error code 21 is an unsupported model, I got that same error with an LTS2000, all because of a change in the model description, it fails to recognize the radio, although the first one read fine, but, it's the SAME model number and both were on the same system, and both are 900 radios.

First radio: H10WCH4DC5BN (reads)

Second radio: H10WCH4DC5BN (does not read)(error 21, model not supported)

On a side note, the unrecognized radio does have an odd tag where the MOTOROLA name should be, instead it reads: TOMBA, in bright gold letters.

Is there any significance to this as to why it is not recognized?

I've never had the same model radio show an error on one, but not the other, but to be honest, I've also never had LTS2000 radios before so I'm flying blind......No joy!

Return to “Radio Programming”