Cheap Cellular BDA?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Cheap Cellular BDA?

Post by kb0nly »

Just as the subject says.. Anyone know of a source for a cheap new/used Cellular BDA?

I was going to post in the wanted/for sale forum but this isn't really a direct request at this point. However, if you have a used one laying around and want to get rid of it cheap let me know.

All i need is a 800Mhz cellular BDA, i got antenna's. So someone or someplace that sells the amp seperately would be nice. I see some of them are rated for voice only and some are rated for voice and data. I only need it for Digital/Analog (CDMA) voice on Alltel's network.

The nearest tower for me is about 7-8 miles away on the other side of a ridge. They won't put another tower in my area and left the ball in my court after talking to their Network Performance Group. I asked them about a BDA and got the "We don't offer any equipment installs to improve performance". I asked them if i could put up my own since they are readily available on the internet and was told "Yeah, whatever you want to do is fine"..

At this point i'm just sick of it. Drive 7-8 miles West and i get a full strength signal, go North towards the next largest town about 25 miles away and it's also full strength. Yet at home i can barely use my phone unless i go to the second story, lean out a window, dance on one foot will putting my other arm in the air and shouting "can you hear me now?"...

I'm going to try a passive repeater to see if it helps, but i am starting to have my doubts.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
radiokid

Post by radiokid »

Sorry about that. You might try Wilson brand ones then. If I remember correctly they were cheaper.

radiokid
Last edited by radiokid on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

That link brought up "No Products Found"

I checked Tessco earlier today and just about spewed coffee on my monitor when i saw their prices anyway.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Post by emsbuff3240 »

http://www.tessco.com/products/displayP ... groupId=70

You could easily spend $257 on any radio, so I dont think this is that bad.

edit: this is the link that radiokid was trying to post

http://www.tessco.com/products/displayH ... groupId=19
Last edited by emsbuff3240 on Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jon
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

It's not a terrible price, but my budget is tight, and the fact that i am trying to compensate for something they should fix anyway is pissing me off.

radiokid

Post by radiokid »

Thanks emsbuff3240 for posting that and that is what I was trying to link.

Radiokid

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”