RX sensitivity issues on xts5000

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

RX sensitivity issues on xts5000

Post by jedi_saber »

Is anyone sporting an xts5000 with receive issues? I have sitting next to an astro saber, xts3000 and xts5000 all operating on a UHF astro smartzone. While both the AS and the 3k are receiving perfectly fine, I find that the 5k at times is sitting around silently. Transmitting is just fine with all three.

Obviously, this is not happening when all three are sitting around on my desk, but when zipping around town when in the car etc. The department said that the early 5k's with 4x and 5x firmware had rx issues, but this is now happening to radios that have been upgraded to 8.x and issues on the radios sitting silent on occasion still exists.

Is any of this happening to anybody with a 5k? Thank you for any insights.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

What kind of battery are you using on the radio in question?

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
nickburns186

Post by nickburns186 »

FYI, R08.01.03 exhibits these issues although an FSB has not been issued yet. I had to refresh 50+new portables because of this issue. Call M support and discuss the issue.

J
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

Mfire39 wrote:What kind of battery are you using on the radio in question?

-Marc
Either the older lithium-ion slim batteries, 02 datecode, or the brandnew lithium-ion impres or the multiplier highcap. Would this make a difference?
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

I don't think those batteries would make a difference, but I ran into a similar problem with a few XTS5000's and NiCad IMPRES batteries.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... 00+battery

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
Jayce
What radios do you own?: XTS/XTL & APX6000 & APX/XE

Post by Jayce »

Ive run into dozens of bad RF adapters and/or PSMs that drop the RSSI a good 40 points. Radio would still work but would be scratchy in fringe ares.
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

Jayce wrote:Ive run into dozens of bad RF adapters and/or PSMs that drop the RSSI a good 40 points. Radio would still work but would be scratchy in fringe ares.
Not using either RF adapters, PSMs. 5000s show issues either straight up in the holster or with a regular, jedi mic attached.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”