Motorola XTS3000 Help!

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radios4bill
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, APX7000, Astro Saber

Motorola XTS3000 Help!

Post by radios4bill »

Hi Group; I am in need of some help! I purchased a UHF XTS3000 and I am having some issues. I read the radio and saved the origional CP and then proceeded to program 1 zone with all conventional channels, and then the problems started! When programming was complete the radio reset and then beeped 5 times and showed "KEY FAILURE" ? Is this System key or Keypad? and when you transmitt the radio beeps local not over the air! It is not MDC. Any Help! Thanks, Bill
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Motorola XTS3000 Help!

Post by escomm »

It means you have an encryption board and do not have any valid encryption keys loaded
Conundrum

Post by Conundrum »

On the radio, check to what you have encryption on/off set to, usually it would be the rotary switch below the channel knob, and make sure its set to O instead of Ø, if it beeps when you try to transmit, it would be because encryption is turned on and no keys are in the radio so it "bonks" at you. if that doesn't work, you might have to set a switch for encryption on and off, and also make sure you have all your personalities encryption strapping set to clear if you want no encryption select ability.

Conundrum
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

easier way in CPS is just untick the secure equiped option and it will then ignore the board.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

I agree, if your not going to use secure, uncheck the secure box, then the radio ignores it. The beep he is referring to is probably tx beep on clear transmission. It too will go away when you tell the radio to ignore the secure.

Jason
radios4bill
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, APX7000, Astro Saber

Post by radios4bill »

Thanks Group! That was the problem! I removed the secure and talkgroups in CPS and no more failures or beeps. Thanks, Bill

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”