More XTS3000 help needed!

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radios4bill
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, APX7000, Astro Saber

More XTS3000 help needed!

Post by radios4bill »

Hi Group; I am new to the XTS Series radios and just purchased a 5K and a goverment surplus 3K. I have been having several issues with the 3000. #1 I purchased a III so I could use the keypad to remotely program my repeater controllers and can get this to work. #2 When I turn one the radio and transmit i get a buzzing sound on transmit, like a high deviation on PL! but when I remove the battery with the radio on and then put it back in the noise goes away? #3 When I change channels the display and top don't light and it is checked in CPS. Any help? Thanks, Bill
DC615
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R M3, XTVA w/HHCH

Re: More XTS3000 help needed!

Post by DC615 »

I can help you with #3. The light will not activate with the channel rotary knob when the "Auto Light" box is checked. Try this: Hover your mouse over the auto light text in the software, right click, and then click "What's This?". This will open the help box.

It expressly states:

Causes the radio’s display and keypad to illuminate each time a button, switch, or keypad button is pressed (except for PTT). The lights automatically turn-off based on the Display Light Time setting. When disabled, the programmable “Light” selection turns on and off the display and keypad light.

Note: Enabling/disabling this field automatically enables/disables the Radio Wide Auto Rotary Light field. And enabling/disabling the Auto Rotary Light field automatically enables/disables this field.

The Auto Rotary Light Box Help Text expressly states:

Enables the illumination of the Rotary Switch each time a button or switch (except for PTT) is pressed. The light automatically turns-off based on the Rotary Light Time selection. When disabled, the programmable “Light” selection turns on and off the Rotary Switch light.

Note: Enabling/disabling this field automatically enables/disables the Display and Menu’s Auto Light field. And enabling/disabling the Auto Light field automatically enables/disables this field.

This states nothing about the light activating during a rotary knob turn, therefore this feature does not exist.

Have a good one,
Daniel
DC615
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

DC615 wrote:I can help you with #3. The light will not activate with the channel rotary knob when the "Auto Light" box is checked. Try this: Hover your mouse over the auto light text in the software, right click, and then click "What's This?". This will open the help box.

It expressly states:

Causes the radio’s display and keypad to illuminate each time a button, switch, or keypad button is pressed (except for PTT). The lights automatically turn-off based on the Display Light Time setting. When disabled, the programmable “Light” selection turns on and off the display and keypad light.

Note: Enabling/disabling this field automatically enables/disables the Radio Wide Auto Rotary Light field. And enabling/disabling the Auto Rotary Light field automatically enables/disables this field.

The Auto Rotary Light Box Help Text expressly states:

Enables the illumination of the Rotary Switch each time a button or switch (except for PTT) is pressed. The light automatically turns-off based on the Rotary Light Time selection. When disabled, the programmable “Light” selection turns on and off the Rotary Switch light.

Note: Enabling/disabling this field automatically enables/disables the Display and Menu’s Auto Light field. And enabling/disabling the Auto Light field automatically enables/disables this field.

This states nothing about the light activating during a rotary knob turn, therefore this feature does not exist.

Have a good one,
Daniel

Both my XTS3000 model II and III's autolight is actuated when turning the rotary knob. Last programmed with CPS 5.02, firmware/DSP on both are fairly recent.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

On your #1 question/problem, I think you meant to say that
you CAN'T get the keypad to work. In each personality on the
XTS3K you have to check the "Hot Keypad" box in the "Phone"
section of the setup menu for the individual channel to get the
keypad to operate.

On your #2 question/problem, try another battery to start with.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
DC615
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R M3, XTVA w/HHCH

Post by DC615 »

Thanks for the correction DES. I should have stated that it wouldn't work for me with my current firmware version. I guess I need to go get a couple hundred dollar upgrade for my 3K.

Removing head from a$$ now.

-Daniel
DC615
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

the UHF XTS3K I just got from N7MAQ has:

R07.70.00
DSP N08.03.03

my VHF has:
R07.23.00
DSP N08.03.02
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”