Super Stubby Jedi/XTS Antenna

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Conundrum

Super Stubby Jedi/XTS Antenna

Post by Conundrum »

Long story short, I was watching The First 48 on A&E and one of the police forces had XTS3000s with super stubby antennas on them, that were just a bit higher than the channel knob, they looked like a stubby UHF antenna with the flat top plastic cap on the top on the antenna. I assume the antenna was for 800MHz but could be for the 400MHz range.

If anyone happens to know weather this is a Motorola OEM antenna and if so the part number, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Conundrum
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: Super Stubby Jedi/XTS Antenna

Post by Tom in D.C. »

I've seen one that's VHF and about two inches high, and it works, sort of, because I
eventually picked up three of them, but it's an MX base for Sabers and MXs. If you want
to chase it it's in the Tessco catalog made, I think, by Centurion. Fat little thing,
probably gives 50 ohms radiation resistance but is undoubtedly a lousy RF radiator.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
Terry_Glover

Post by Terry_Glover »

Conundrum wrote:Long story short, I was watching The First 48 on A&E and one of the police forces had XTS3000s with super stubby antennas on them, that were just a bit higher than the channel knob...
Funny how us Motorola nuts notice things like that. I saw that episode of First 48 as well. Miami Homocide XTS3000s with a 1" long stubby. When the detective used the radio he held it horozontially across his face when speaking into it. :o
Terry
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

It's 800Mhz and Tessco carries them. KS4VT provided a link to to it in this thread buy they're pretty terrible performance-wise. http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... 42#p342642
Conundrum

Post by Conundrum »

Victor Xray wrote:It's 800Mhz and Tessco carries them. KS4VT provided a link to to it in this thread buy they're pretty terrible performance-wise. http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... 42#p342642
That doesn't appear to be the same one,the one I saw wasn't tapered and had a cap on the top
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

those look like Centurion tuff ducks. Seen alot of them on Smyrna, GA Police XTS5000's public safety mikes. They almost look like a "thimble". Gotta wonder how good the performance is. The officers like them because they "don't get in the way" as if the standard 3" stubby is a problem.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”