Problem resolved

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

k4iii

Problem resolved

Post by k4iii »

Problem resolved
Last edited by k4iii on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
George
What radios do you own?: X9000, HT1550XLS, MTS2000, etc

Re: MSR2000 trn5073a tone encode on COR ONLY

Post by George »

You are going to have to do what is called an "SP" to this base station to accomplish this.

The MSR never had that function unless you used an external decoder/encoder panel such as a Comspec or something like that. However, all is not lost because if yuo look at the manual...I hope you have one and if not, stop reading right now and get one. Come back when this is accomplished.

You have your manual? Okay good.

There is a function called paging that is controlled by either the F2 paging module if it is a tone remote station or the DC transfer card. It will likely be easier to find the function from the F2 paging card print.

In a Micor, the tone encoder board is mounted on the exciter. A jumper is run from the transmit interconnect board to the tone encoder board. What happens is, when the station detects an F2 command, the PL/DPL tone is grounded and thus not sent out because back in those days paging consisted of two tone sequential type paging and people did not want to have that blasting out of their speakers because it's annoying. SO, if you ground the PL, the pagers can hear and the mobiles do not.

How does this apply to an MSR?

Easy...MSR really stands for [b]M[/b]icor [b]S[/b]lightly [b]R[/b]epackaged.

Pull your print for the F2 paging card. Look for that PL disable function pin. Find it? Good.

Now, and this is where you will likely have to use some creativity. You need a COR signal from somewhere....like the repeater control board....Oh wait I am thinking Mastr Pro/II. I mean the Squelch Gage.

If you look at how the squelch gate is built, you will see there are a few outputs for differnet purposes. Obviously you have a Repeater PTT output. You also have a TimeOut Timer reset on, I believe, Pin 22. I am sound asleep right now or I would look myself, but since my waterbed is so warm and comfy I am not going to.

Look at pin 22. This shoud be going low or maybe not...maybe it goes high when mobile off hook is detected. Oh, sorry, I mean when the mobile transmits. Telephone term there...What you want to do is kill the PL when no mobile is transmitting so do that by providing whatever signal the F2 paging board is providing...but it needs to be inverted. You should grab this carrier detect signal, yea the one that goes from 13V to 0 or so volts upon carrier detect and run it out through a spare contact on the board...like one of those used for the optional relay that has all those nice contacts available.

Here's where the creativity comes in...Use this signal to key a transistor...hopefully it goes high so it will be easy to forward bias an NPN transistor and use the collector to ground the base of another NPN that is forward biased on all the time. You will figure it out.

I did this on a Micor years ago and we called it the "Alex Filter" because Alex was annoying and he never did figure out that we could not hear him so eventually he got tired of listening to us and not getting any replies when he transmitted so he went away.

It proves conclusively that if you ignore anything long enough it goes away.

Wake me when it's time for Kitchen Nightmares.

George
k4iii

Problem resolved

Post by k4iii »

Problem Resolved.
Last edited by k4iii on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will

Re: MSR2000 trn5073a tone encode on COR ONLY

Post by Will »

Most of our MSR2000 repeaters are setup this way. TX PL encode stops <100 ms after receiver goes not RUS (Receiver Un Squelch).

Easy mod to do. PM for details on this.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”