CDM1550 Low Band "EEPRM CS ERROR"

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Spatch713

CDM1550 Low Band "EEPRM CS ERROR"

Post by Spatch713 »

I purchased a used low band CDM1550 last week. The first thing I did was download the codeplug and save it. I then programmed all my stuff in and the radio worked like a champ. I noticed I screwed up a PL tone in programming so I adjust it and attempted to program the radio and thats when I got the EEPRM CS ERROR. I want to get my radio working again. I have the latest CPS.

I have seen a few different way on how to do this but am not sure how it would work for me.

1) Attempt to Write known good codeplug - Tried this but the CPS cant read the radio becaues it says the radios unsupported so how do I get past the read part?

2) Upgrade firmware - Have not tried this. But dont you have to be able to read the radio in order to upgrade the firmware?

3) Attmpet to Write with older CPS - Have not tried this either as I dont have access to older CPS.

Any suggestions are welcome!
The image is cracked but so is the view...
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: CDM1550 Low Band "EEPRM CS ERROR"

Post by HLA »

all of the above, i usually just keep trying to write a good codeplug to the radio and most of the time it will eventually take it.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
gatekeep
What radios do you own?: XTS2500i III, AS III

Post by gatekeep »

Spatch713 wrote:2) Upgrade firmware - Have not tried this. But dont you have to be able to read the radio in order to upgrade the firmware?
No, since the flashing process is a 2 stage process. You can fool the flashing tool to flash a screwed radio by swapping radios mid-process. By this I mean, you start the flash process with a good radio, when it gets to the portion asking you to bootstrap the radio you swap radios.
- Bryan
"So the best solution is to paint them to blue color and throw them to the sea?" in reference to MTS2000 F01/93.
Spatch713

Post by Spatch713 »

To do this "trick" does the radio that I read have to be identical (band, model, etc) to the broken radio?

If the model doesnt matter I have a UHF CDM1550 right next to broken Low band that I could use for the tricking otherwise I am up for a challenge (finding another low band 1550).

Thanks for the help.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

yes, needs to be the exact make/model or it will change the band limits.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Spatch713

Post by Spatch713 »

damn... looks like a descent challenge ahead. It might just be easier to cough up the dough and bring it to the local Motorola shop.

Return to “Radio Programming”