Cp 200 question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

meech

Cp 200 question

Post by meech »

I recentley received two Cp200 units from a customer. Both units beep when you hit the PTT as if if the transmitter is disabled (but its not). When I turn the volume up all the way I can hear a low squelch noise. I was thinking a firmware problem. When I try to read or write to the units I get an error #2436, Codeplug is corrupted, Contact Customer Service Center. Any suggestions?
Lake Effect

Post by Lake Effect »

Can you reprogram using an archive of the radio or clone from another radio of same model number?
meech

Post by meech »

I tried. Negative.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

if the codeplug is corrupt it's not a firmware problem. the only way i've seen those radios go bad like that is with a programming problem. who was programming those radios when it happened? i've never seen those radios just error like that when you turn them on.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

One possibility is they were programmed too far out of band and the VCO is pissed.

You can program them out of band by a few MHz, but no more than 2ish.

In order to do that, you must modify the program. As a side effect, when an unmodified program tries to read it... it bitches. (codeplug corrupt)

Just a possibility...
tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

We have had a few come back from customers that where completely brain dead for no reason. They would usually honk on every channel even though they where properly programmed and you could still read / write to the radio.

I would just throw the towel in a send it off to the depot.
meech

Post by meech »

Thanks Guys
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

ve3nsv wrote:We have had a few come back from customers that where completely brain dead for no reason. They would usually honk on every channel even though they where properly programmed and you could still read / write to the radio.

I would just throw the towel in a send it off to the depot.
The majority of the time when I've seen that, it's a bad channel selector switch. What happens is the switch goes bad in such a way that the radio may think it's always on channel 9, for example, and channel 9 isn't programmed...so you get the "unprogrammed" tone regardless of switch position. The quick way to check is to program all channel positions & see if the tone goes away. If so, change the switch & you're back in business.

Seen it happen with the CT250/450 series stuff too...same switch part#.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
overhere
New User

Re: Cp 200 question

Post by overhere »

Wow this really helped me - I have an ht750 16ch UHF that I thought was dead - was getting the low beep on power on which I thought was an error tone - but on trying this tip I realized it was stuck on channel 16, a receive only channel! Thanks for the tip. The next question is - where does one get a replacement selector switch? I can't seem to find a part number anywhere. Thanks!
Thomascattus
New User

Re: Cp 200 question

Post by Thomascattus »

Check the power output before you get carried away with replacing parts. (1) you might have an older version of the CPS software than what the radios were programmed with. Cps has fixed corrupted code plugs on the L version. (2) the radios might be programmed with PTT ID which will give a short tone on TX (500ms) to make you wait while it sends the ID burst. Hence the power check. Check it out first.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”