Astro Spectra RSS to CPS problems

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Conundrum

Astro Spectra RSS to CPS problems

Post by Conundrum »

I have an Astro Spectra, and when read with RSS 905, the codeplug is fine, but as soon as I read the codeplug with CPS 05.02.00, things don't show up right, for instance, the main thing is the trunking settings. Under the Trunking Systems, OBT control Channels, the TX and RX freqs change, and not only do they chance but the RX always changes to 3.42842, when it should be in the 147mhz range, and the TX changes to all 146.000 instead of what they should be.

does anyone know what might be causing this?

Any help would be great,

Conundrum
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Astro Spectra RSS to CPS problems

Post by wavetar »

Try reading the saved RSS codeplug with the CPS, it should read it just fine, no conversion necessary. Once it reads it, check those same fields. If the fields aren't right, I don't know what the problem would be. If it all looks ok, proceed to write the CPS codeplug into the radio. If it gives an error, let us know what it says. If it writes fine, then try reading the radio directly with the CPS. See if the fields are proper or not. If so, great. If not, not sure what the problem is.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Sounds like its possible a hacked codeplug. I've seen them do that.

Jason
RKG

Post by RKG »

Probably not the issue this time, but after starting the CPS, and before reading a file or the radio, be sure that "Enable Frequency Picklists" (View|Options|Frequency Options) is unchecked.
Conundrum

Post by Conundrum »

I am not sure what the problem was, but after a full uninstall, and reinstall it appears to have fixed the problem.
RKG

Post by RKG »

I am sometimes convinced that Motorola and Microsoft codewriters went to the same kindergarten (from which they didn't graduate).

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”