MSF 5000 - Hearclear Disable?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

d119

MSF 5000 - Hearclear Disable?

Post by d119 »

Is it possible to disable HearClear on the MSF 5000? Hell if I can find it in the RSS... Thought I'd seen it before, but I can't find it.
Q2222A

Re: MSF 5000 - Hearclear Disable?

Post by Q2222A »

Chris,

Looking at a manual on a 900 MHz MSF5000 Station Control Board I show a few Berg jumpers that need to be moved. JU18 needs to be put into the "B" position to bypass the flultter Attenuator. JU16 needs to be in the "A" position to bypass the Expander. These two jumpers are in the RX audio path. JU17 needs to be in the "A" position to bypass the Compressor in the TX Audio path.

I hope that helps.

Dennis
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Re: MSF 5000 - Hearclear Disable?

Post by MSS-Dave »

d119 wrote:Is it possible to disable HearClear on the MSF 5000? Hell if I can find it in the RSS... Thought I'd seen it before, but I can't find it.
If you have one of the C85GFB stations that programs with RSS, I don't think that HearClear as it's called is selectable. I'm pretty sure it's not selectable on the R1801 programmer either. There is an alignment procedure in the manual for HearClear. There is also a jumper JU16 on the SCB which when OUT bypasses the TX expandor circuit. Now, YMMV when doing this. I did not try this on my station, just looking through the manual now at it after 4-5 years of doing GE stuff. I did factory alignment on mine, worked great with Maxtrac mobiles. Worked OK with Kenwood TK981 mobiles and sounded like crap with GE MDX and MPA radios. Bypassing may make it more acceptable for mixed brands of radios. If you are doing Moto radios, factory set should work OK.

I may have an extra manual if you are interested.....

Dave

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”