Minitor V On/Off Duty

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jclendenen158
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, XTS5000

Minitor V On/Off Duty

Post by jclendenen158 »

Can anyone help me out with the on/off duty feature on the Minitor V pagers?
I have a set of tones I want to page when I am on duty at another department, but when I am at my home dept. I don't want them to page.
MOTO_LR

Re: Minitor V On/Off Duty

Post by MOTO_LR »

Jordan,

Here is one example that should work for you...

In the software, go to the Function Switches tab...

For Mode Switch Position A, Set the mode to Selective Call F1, choose your Alert Type, and leave the Enable ON/OFF Duty box unchecked.

For Mode Switch Position B, Set the mode to Selective Call F1, choose your Alert Type, and place a check in the Enable ON/OFF Duty box.

Now go to the Channel F1 tab and enter your channel frequency...
(you will note that the ON/OFF Duty: box now displays Enabled)

In the Call 1: tone fields, enter the tones for your Home department, and make sure the Duty selection is set to ON

In the Call 2: tone fields, enter the tones for your On Duty department, and make sure the Duty selection is set to OFF

Write the program to the pager...

Now, when you are in the Mode A position, your pager will activate with either set of tones, so you would choose this position when you are ON duty at the other department.

When you are in the Mode B position, your pager will activate only on your Home department's set of tones (CALL 1), the On Duty department's tones(CALL 2) are turned OFF.
You will choose this mode position when you are at home.

Now I know someone is going to ask this question, so I will answer it before you do...
If you want one set of tones ONLY to activate in Mode A and and a second set of tones ONLY to activate in Mode B, the only way that I know to accomplish that is to use a 2-channel pager and program both channels for the same frequency, programming Channel 1 for the first set of tones and Channel 2 for the second set of tones.

Hope this helps!

Bob, CLARKCOMM
jclendenen158
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, XTS5000

Re: Minitor V On/Off Duty

Post by jclendenen158 »

Thanks a lot for your help!

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”